Contents tagged with surgery
- Alexis and Linda in the Queen Mother Hospital mentioning where you can go, should you need to speak to a clinician while they are in surgery and how to book an anaesthesia for a patient.
- Tom describes a few tips for being in surgery in the Queen Mother hospital.
- Alexis shows the equine surgery changing area and where it is located, she explains that there are different scrubs for different surgeries. She mentions that there is a direct route from the changing rooms into surgery. The second video shows the standing surgery area and the recovery room.
- Elise and Jess introduce what you should wear when in surgery and that you will only go into surgery when you are in your second year in placement.
- Nicky shows the preparatory room in more detail, she talks about drawing the drugs up for anaesthesia and how the patient will then be brought into one of the theatres. She mentions that it is a good idea to prepare for the surgery by thinking about why you are undertaking this surgery. She mentions that it is a good idea to read up on anatomy and be able to talk through the procedure with the clinician.
- Nicky is dressed appropiately for surgery and shows where the preparatory room, imaging room and routine neutering theatre are. She mentions about her expereinces on theatre and explains what you are able to do.
- Nicky shows where theatre is located and rules about entering the area with a patient.