Contents tagged with consultation
- Alexis explains that as the patient is in for head shaking she is checking facial sensation, their ears, tongue and then needs to report this back to the clinician.
- Alexis is checking the respiratory rate, checking their legs for fluid, and taking their rectal temperature
- Alexis is checking the heart rate, lungs and gut sounds of the patient.
- Fran and Tom introduce themselves and briefly talk about what the students will be doing in the reception area and consultation rooms.
- Alexis and Linda tour around the ground floor of the large animal clinical centre, pointing out the important areas such as reception, consultation rooms and pharmacy.
- Jess and Elise introduce themselves and show a few areas in the Queen Mother Hospital: reception, consultation rooms, file room.
- Nicky shows where the consultation rooms are in the Beaumont and mentions about making sure the room is clean before you take a client and patient in. She mentions how the process of a consultation works in the Beaumont; taking a history, performing a physical examination and relaying all this information back to the clinician. She mentions about the shorter consultation times in Beaumont.
- This clip shows Marieke taking the patient into wards for further tests and putting the patient into a kennel and filling out a form for kennels. When the students enter wards, who should they go and try to find first? For further information on setting up a kennel with a patient, click on the tag, 'kennel set up.'
- This clip shows the clinician supporting Marieke by asking further questions to find out more about the patients history and undertaking a physical examination.
- These clips show Marieke relaying important information she gathered during the physical examination and history taking to the clinician. The first clip summarises the discussion and the second clip shows the full version. Can you spot any problems with the clinicians dress code?